Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup concurrency

2013-02-20 04:59:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup concurrency
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:56:38 +0100
Am 20.02.2013 10:19, schrieb Antony Mayi:
> I am running backups of multiple database servers and each backup job is
> defined with "RunScript" command that dumps the databases on each
> particular server and these dumps are then taken for backups.
> [...] Since the dumping doesn't involve bacula storage daemon I want
> another jobs to be running in parallel that can be sending data to
> storage while the db servers are dumping the databases. Also the
> database dumps can be running in parallel instead of sequentially as
> that's purely local matter.

Exactly what I am doing.

> I've increased the "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" in "Director" resource but
> I can still see only one job running at a time. I don't think I want to
> increase this as well in "Storage" resource and definitely not in the
> "Job" resource.

You need to increase "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" in the Storage
resource, too, otherwise jobs using the same storage won't run
their Before Scripts concurrently.

You do not need it in the Job resource. In fact, I am not aware
that the Job resource would accept a "Maximum Concurrent Jobs"
specification.

HTH
T.

--