Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Incremental pool used when job upgraded from inc tofull

2013-02-18 14:09:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Incremental pool used when job upgraded from inc tofull
From: Jonathan Horne <jhorne AT skopos DOT us>
To: "Fahrer, Julian" <julian AT fahrer DOT net>, Michael Anderson <michael.anderson AT elegosoft DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:46:27 +0000
-----Original Message-----
From: Fahrer, Julian [mailto:julian AT fahrer DOT net]
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 5:34 AM
To: Michael Anderson; bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Incremental pool used when job upgraded from inc
tofull

Hi Michael,

this behavior is expected. But you can specify

  Full Backup Pool = [poolname]
  Incremental Backup Pool = [poolname]
  Differential Backup Pool = [poolname]

in the job resources to solve your problem.

Kind regards

Julian

Another alternative to julian's method is to add it in the schedule.  I tried
the above method at first but after I started approaching 75 clients, adding 3
lines more per job didn't seem efficient.  I prefer each configuration object
to inherit as much as it can :)

Schedule {
  Name = DailyCycle
  Run = Level=Full Pool=MonthlyBackups 1st sun at 22:00
  Run = Level=Full Pool=FullBackups 2nd-5th sun at 22:00
  Run = Level=Incremental Pool=IncrementalBackups FullPool=FullBackups mon-sat
at 6:00
  Run = Level=Incremental Pool=IncrementalBackups FullPool=FullBackups mon-sat
at 22:00
}

Cheers,
jonathan