Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] using usb disk for daily off site backups with vchanger

2013-02-18 06:14:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] using usb disk for daily off site backups with vchanger
From: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:11:50 +0000
> Hi James,
>
> i'll try that.
>
> How do you tell bacula which volumes it should use on the disks?

I forgot to mention that. I only have one volume on each disk. I suppose if you
had multiple volumes you would need to set overwrite protection such that
Bacula could only use one of them, eg with 5 disks rotated on a mon-fri
schedule and 3 volumes per disk you might say each volume can only be reused
after 18 days (a period that is longer than 2 weeks but shorter than 3).

James