Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] using usb disk for daily off site backups with vchanger

2013-02-18 04:05:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] using usb disk for daily off site backups with vchanger
From: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:02:42 +0000
> Hi,
>
> i want to backup to usb disks every day, so i decided to install vchanger and
> use one usb disk for every day.
>
> my problem is that vchanger/bacula sometimes doesn't recognize my disks.

I tried vchanger for this once but couldn't get it to do what I wanted. I had
much more success with using autofs.

auto.master looks like:

/backup /etc/auto.backup --timeout=30

/etc/auto.backup looks like:

offsite -fstype=auto,rw
:/dev/disk/by-path/pci-0000\:02\:00.0-usb-0\:1\:1.0-scsi-0\:0\:0\:0-part1

so when you access /backup/offsite, the disk in the nominated USB slot is
mounted, and is then unmounted 30 seconds after it is last accessed.

the bacula-sd config looks like:

Device {
  Name = offsite
  Media Type = File