Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 4. Re: Deleted (Old) Volumes/Clients Still Showing in Bacula, (Geert Stappers)

2013-02-08 10:20:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 4. Re: Deleted (Old) Volumes/Clients Still Showing in Bacula, (Geert Stappers)
From: Humphrey Bryant <hbryant AT fogadaley DOT com>
To: olivier.delestre AT univ-rouen DOT fr
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:17:47 -0500
dbcheck sounds like the right tool, i found some info here; http://linux.die.net/man/8/dbcheck
Also here; http://www.bacula.org/3.0.x-manuals/en/utility/utility/Volume_Utility_Tools.html#SECTION002120000000000000000

I want to remove stale record for deleted Pools but I'm unsure of which option to choose from the list of 13 options;
Help Please!

 1) Toggle modify database flag
     2) Toggle verbose flag
     3) Check for bad Filename records
     4) Check for bad Path records
     5) Check for duplicate Filename records
     6) Check for duplicate Path records
     7) Check for orphaned Jobmedia records
     8) Check for orphaned File records
     9) Check for orphaned Path records
    10) Check for orphaned Filename records
    11) Check for orphaned FileSet records
    12) Check for orphaned Client records
    13) Check for orphaned Job records
    14) Check for all Admin records
    15) Check for all Restore records
    16) All (3-15)
    17) Quit
On 02/08/2013 06:04 AM, Olivier Delestre wrote:
------------------------------ Message: 4 Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 09:03:21
+0100 From: Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com> Subject: Re:
[Bacula-users] Deleted (Old) Volumes/Clients Still Showing in Bacula To:
"bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net"
<bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net> Message-ID:
<20130207080321.GE28312 AT pcgeerts.capdata.vanadcc DOT nl> Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Op 20130130 om 17:38 schreef Humphrey
Bryant:

Hi All,

I am running Bacula 5.2.12 on CentOS 6.2 storing my backups to Disk
(fileStorage).

I recently removed some bacula clients that no longer exists on my network from
my "bacual-dir.conf" file but whenever i go to Bconsole and try to do a restore
/backup i notice i still see the (Old) Clients that I have deleted in there.
None of these Old Clients have never run a backup before on bacula; they were
created as typos (incorrect names) when setting up bacula hence i want to get
rid of them to ease the confusion.

Also I Removed/Purged some Volumes from bacula but when i go to Bconsole and
run "list volumes" i still see the old volumes there even though i purged,
volume delete and remove (rm -rf)  the file from the server. These volumes
still show up with no info attached to them.

How can i remove these stale (Old) Client/Volume info from Bacula?
You can try to use dbcheck :

sudo /usr/sbin/dbcheck -C MyCatalog -d 5 /var/lib/bacula bacula postgres password localhost

and you have a menu to toggle to modify ( 1 ) and make all check ( 13 )

AFAIK it is something along

   select ClientId, Name from Client order by ClientId ;
   delete from Client where Name = 'your_no_longer_existing_client' ;

Yes, those are database actions.
They can be performed from `bconsole` with the command `sqlquery`.

Cheers
Geert Stappers
-- http://www.vanadcimplicity.com/