Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Deleted (Old) Volumes/Clients Still Showing in Bacula

2013-02-07 03:05:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Deleted (Old) Volumes/Clients Still Showing in Bacula
From: Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 09:03:21 +0100
Op 20130130 om 17:38 schreef Humphrey Bryant:
> Hi All,
>
> I am running Bacula 5.2.12 on CentOS 6.2 storing my backups to Disk
> (fileStorage).
>
> I recently removed some bacula clients that no longer exists on my network
> from
> my "bacual-dir.conf" file but whenever i go to Bconsole and try to do a
> restore
> /backup i notice i still see the (Old) Clients that I have deleted in there.
> None of these Old Clients have never run a backup before on bacula; they were
> created as typos (incorrect names) when setting up bacula hence i want to get
> rid of them to ease the confusion.
>
> Also I Removed/Purged some Volumes from bacula but when i go to Bconsole and
> run "list volumes" i still see the old volumes there even though i purged,
> volume delete and remove (rm -rf)  the file from the server. These volumes
> still show up with no info attached to them.
>
> How can i remove these stale (Old) Client/Volume info from Bacula?

AFAIK it is something along

  select ClientId, Name from Client order by ClientId ;
  delete from Client where Name = 'your_no_longer_existing_client' ;

Yes, those are database actions.
They can be performed from `bconsole` with the command `sqlquery`.

Cheers
Geert Stappers
--
http://www.vanadcimplicity.com/