Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Running one director with mixed db backends / catalogs?

2013-02-06 09:21:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Running one director with mixed db backends / catalogs?
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 09:19:25 -0500
On 2013-02-06 09:14, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 2013-02-06 08:42, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:

>>> of
>>> possible
>>>
>>> Not that I know of.
>>>
>>> Instead, try two instances of bacula one for each database.
>>>

>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> thanks for your reply. If this isn't possible, then how can I point
>> bacula to a catalog server running on a different machine?

Keep in mind that a given Bacula binary can access only one database
type.  e.g. PostgreSQL.

If compiled for PostgreSQL, that's what it will work with.  not MySQL.

However, I *seem* to recall something about compiling for all, or
something like that. Perhaps someone else can clarify that.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/