Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Tune MySQL, or switch to pgsql?

2013-02-01 14:51:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] Tune MySQL, or switch to pgsql?
From: Alan McKay <alan.mckay+bacula AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 14:48:29 -0500
OK, I know some of you guys are biased here because I recognise some
of the names from my pgsql days :-)

I've been googling to find MySQL tuning instructions for bacula but
not much is coming up.   Though I did find a 2 or 3 year old
discussion from this list which suggested I'd get better performance
from pgsql anyway.    I certainly don't know pgsql as well as MySQL,
but I did used to know a fair bit about it and switching would not be
that big a deal to me.

So what do you think?

Anyone have any specific links for MySQL + Bacula tuning?
Anyone have any datapoints on MySQL vs pgsql for Bacula?

Will pgsql still have to be tuned?

thanks,
-Alan