Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] A Bacula ebook

2013-01-23 13:36:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] A Bacula ebook
From: Alan McKay <alan.mckay+bacula AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 13:30:34 -0500
Well I'm following the book and getting some pretty basic errors right
from the beginning.  It tells me to replace my bacula-dir.conf with
the following contents - which when I try to start director seems to
be missing some items like a pool definition for one.  Pretty sure I
am following it to the T.

In general - not impressed with the ebook.

 * Starting Bacula Director... bacula-dir
23-Jan 13:29 bacula-dir: ERROR TERMINATION at parse_conf.c:479
Config error: Could not find config Resource Default referenced on
line 25 :    Pool = Default

            : line 25, col 16 of file /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
        Pool = Default

   ...fail!

Now, replace the contents of the /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf file with the
following code:
Director {
Name = debian-dir
DIRport = 9101
QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/scripts/query.sql"
WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula"
Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
Password = "password-dir"
DirAddress = 10.10.1.100
}
Storage {
Name = LocalStorage
Address = 10.10.1.100
SDPort = 9103
Password = "password-sd"
Device = FileStorage
Media Type = File
}
Job {
Name = DefaultJob
Type = Backup
Messages = Standard
Pool = Default
Client = DefaultClient
Fileset = DefaultFileset
Storage = LocalStorage
}
Client {
Name = DefaultClient
Network Backup with Bacula How-To
7
Address = 10.10.1.100
Password = ""
Catalog = DefaultCatalog
}
Fileset {
Name = DefaultFileset
}
Catalog {
Name = DefaultCatalog
dbname = "bacula"; dbuser = ""; dbpassword = ""
}