Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] UbuntuRepositorie?

2013-01-15 10:49:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] UbuntuRepositorie?
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:47:03 +0100
Zitat von Sven Gehr <mailingliste AT dreampixel DOT de>:

> Hi@all,
>
> I use ubuntu server 12.04 LTS because of the long suport an here are
> the version 5.2.5 available. For other linux-distros I found repos with
> newer version:
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/dassit:/bacula/

This is a common problem of using distribution packages. The release
version is merely frozen and only security fixes will be backported.
If there is a busy maintainer you sometimes get personal repositories
but for Ubuntu none exists to my knowledge...

> but not for ubuntu. Does anyone have a repo with newer versions?

We have build Ubuntu 12.04 x64 style deb-packages for our own server
with the 5.2.12, but there is no public repository. I can sent you a
URL in personal mail to the as-is tar.gz archiv.

Regards

Andreas