Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] getting my tape drive online

2013-01-09 17:18:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] getting my tape drive online
From: Jonathan Horne <jhorne AT skopos DOT us>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 21:48:58 +0000
On 1/9/13 3:35 PM, "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> [...]
>>      2: PV-TL4000
>> Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
>> Connecting to Storage daemon PV-TL4000 at d0lppb021.skopos.me:9103 ...
>> Enter autochanger drive[0]:
>> Connecting to Storage daemon PV-TL4000 at d0lppb021.skopos.me:9103 ...
>> 3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
>> Device "PV-TL4000" has 47 slots.
>> Connecting to Storage daemon PV-TL4000 at d0lppb021.skopos.me:9103 ...
>> 3306 Issuing autochanger "list" command.
>> The following Volumes will be labeled:
>> Slot  Volume
>> ==============
>>    1  SK1004L3
>>    2  SK1006L3
>>    3  SK1009L3
>> Do you want to label these Volumes? (yes|no): yes
>> Defined Pools:
>>      1: MonthlyBackups
>>      2: FullBackups
>>      3: IncrementalBackups
>>      4: DifferentialBackups
>>      5: TapeArchiveFullBackups
>>      7: Scratch
>>      8: YearlyBackups
>> Select the Pool (1-8): 5
>> Connecting to Storage daemon PV-TL4000 at d0lppb021.skopos.me:9103 ...
>> Sending label command for Volume "SK1004L3" Slot 1 ...
>> 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
>> 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result: nothing loaded.
>> 3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 1, drive 0" command.
>> 3992 Bad autochanger "load slot 1, drive 0": ERR=Child died from signal
>>15:
>> Termination.
>> Results=Program killed by Bacula (timeout)
>>
>> Label command failed for Volume SK1004L3.
>> Sending label command for Volume "SK1006L3" Slot 2 ...
>> 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
>> 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result is Slot 1.
>> 3307 Issuing autochanger "unload slot 1, drive 0" command.
>> 3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 2, drive 0" command.
>> 3992 Bad autochanger "load slot 2, drive 0": ERR=Child died from signal
>>15:
>> Termination.
>> Results=Program killed by Bacula (timeout)
>>
>> Label command failed for Volume SK1006L3.
>> Sending label command for Volume "SK1009L3" Slot 3 ...
>> 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
>> 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result is Slot 2.
>> 3307 Issuing autochanger "unload slot 2, drive 0" command.
>> 3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 3, drive 0" command.
>> 3992 Bad autochanger "load slot 3, drive 0": ERR=Child died from signal
>>15:
>> Termination.
>> Results=Program killed by Bacula (timeout)
>>
>> Label command failed for Volume SK1009L3.
>> *
>>
>> i did see that the tape was actually loaded in the drive, but i was afk
>> during all the failures.  (ha, imagine my disappointment when i got back
>> that all 3 attempts failed! hehe)
>
>You probably need to edit the mtx-changer script. It does not appear
>to detect when a slot is loaded for your system.

This is my section for my tape drive, i am not sure what i should edit as
far as the mtx-changer.

Autochanger {

  Name = PV-TL4000
  Device = TL4000D1,TL4000D2

  Changer Device = /dev/sg6
  Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
}

Device {
  Name = TL4000D1
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = LTO-3
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  Changer Command = "/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/sg6
  Autochanger = yes
  AutomaticMount = yes;
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes
  RandomAccess = no
  LabelMedia = no
  RequiresMount = yes
# Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
# If you have smartctl, enable this, it has more info than tapeinfo
  Alert Command = "sh -c 'smartctl -H -l error %c'"
}

Device {
  Name = TL4000D2
  Drive Index = 1
  Media Type = LTO-3
  Archive Device = /dev/nst1
  Changer Command = "/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/sg6
  Autochanger = yes
  AutomaticMount = yes;
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes
  RandomAccess = no
  RequiresMount = yes
  LabelMedia = no
# Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
# If you have smartctl, enable this, it has more info than tapeinfo
  Alert Command = "sh -c 'smartctl -H -l error %c'"
}

the only thing i know to say about what i show above, is that i know that
mtx-changer is located in /usr/libexec/bacula.

thanks,
jonathan

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete
without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery.
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind SKOPOS to
any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or
government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.