Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] getting my tape drive online

2013-01-09 16:16:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] getting my tape drive online
From: Jonathan Horne <jhorne AT skopos DOT us>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 21:13:13 +0000
i have a 44 slot PV-TL4000 that i have just brought online with my bacula.  my first attempt at labeling the media based on the barcodes failed.  below is the output, can anyone give me some ideas on what to start checking?

*label barcodes
Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File
     2: PV-TL4000
Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
Connecting to Storage daemon PV-TL4000 at d0lppb021.skopos.me:9103 ...
Enter autochanger drive[0]:
Connecting to Storage daemon PV-TL4000 at d0lppb021.skopos.me:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
Device "PV-TL4000" has 47 slots.
Connecting to Storage daemon PV-TL4000 at d0lppb021.skopos.me:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "list" command.
The following Volumes will be labeled:
Slot  Volume
==============
   1  SK1004L3
   2  SK1006L3
   3  SK1009L3
Do you want to label these Volumes? (yes|no): yes
Defined Pools:
     1: MonthlyBackups
     2: FullBackups
     3: IncrementalBackups
     4: DifferentialBackups
     5: TapeArchiveFullBackups
     7: Scratch
     8: YearlyBackups
Select the Pool (1-8): 5
Connecting to Storage daemon PV-TL4000 at d0lppb021.skopos.me:9103 ...
Sending label command for Volume "SK1004L3" Slot 1 ...
3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result: nothing loaded.
3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 1, drive 0" command.
3992 Bad autochanger "load slot 1, drive 0": ERR=Child died from signal 15: Termination.
Results=Program killed by Bacula (timeout)

Label command failed for Volume SK1004L3.
Sending label command for Volume "SK1006L3" Slot 2 ...
3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result is Slot 1.
3307 Issuing autochanger "unload slot 1, drive 0" command.
3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 2, drive 0" command.
3992 Bad autochanger "load slot 2, drive 0": ERR=Child died from signal 15: Termination.
Results=Program killed by Bacula (timeout)

Label command failed for Volume SK1006L3.
Sending label command for Volume "SK1009L3" Slot 3 ...
3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result is Slot 2.
3307 Issuing autochanger "unload slot 2, drive 0" command.
3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 3, drive 0" command.
3992 Bad autochanger "load slot 3, drive 0": ERR=Child died from signal 15: Termination.
Results=Program killed by Bacula (timeout)

Label command failed for Volume SK1009L3.
*

i did see that the tape was actually loaded in the drive, but i was afk during all the failures.  (ha, imagine my disappointment when i got back that all 3 attempts failed! hehe)

thanks,
jonathan

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind SKOPOS to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.