Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring pruned files

2013-01-04 13:23:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring pruned files
From: "Romer Ventura" <rventura AT h-st DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 12:19:27 -0600

> > I am trying to restore some files from pruned volumes and I am having
> > a bit of difficulties. I did run bscan like:
> >
> > bscan -b h34.bsr -h localhost -P <password> -v -s -m -c bacula-sd.conf
> > H23- DataStore-full
> >
> > Bscan finished normally and I went into bconsole, there I started the
> > restore and it showed this:
> >

> Could it be that Bacula noticed that the files were old enough to be
pruned
> and so just pruned them again as soon as the bscan had finished?
>
> Try pushing out the prune date and doing the bscan again.
>
> James

Ok, well it ended up being that since I am using a somewhat older version,
 the bscan bug still present where the PrunedFiles in the DB does not
update.
 After manually updating the DB field, I was able to restore my files.

 Thanks

<BR CLEAR="ALL">
<hr style="border: 1px solid #CCC;">
color:gray;">This document and attachments may contain technical data
controlled under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or
the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and may not be exported to a
Foreign Person, either in the U.S. or abroad, without the proper authorization
by the U.S. Department of State or Department of Commerce, whichever is
applicable.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This electronic transmission, including all attachments,
is directed in confidence solely to the person(s) to whom it is addressed, or
an authorized recipient, and may not otherwise be distributed, copied or
disclosed. The contents of the transmission may also be subject to intellectual
property rights and such rights are expressly claimed and are not waived. If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately by return electronic transmission and then immediately delete this
transmission, including all attachments, without copying, distributing or
disclosing same.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments
for the presence of viruses. Houston Sigma Technologies L.P. accepts no
liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.</p>