Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Running Verify Jobs

2013-01-02 06:49:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Running Verify Jobs
From: Bryan Harris <bryanlharris AT me DOT com>
To: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 11:48:41 +0000 (GMT)

On Jan 02, 2013, at 04:49 AM, Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
So far, what I came up with is creating a second job (a verify job) for every client in my Bacula Director and using a different schedule for those jobs, so Bacula will schedule these verify jobs to run after the daily backup jobs.

That way does work, but I would like to know if there's a more efficient way to do that, like using an admin job that runs a single verify job for every client or something.

What if you leave in-place your current verify job but don't have any schedule for it?  I think you could manually kick-off the job doing an admin job like you say.

Inside your backup job like this:
RunScript {
RunsWhen=After
RunsOnClient=No
Command = "sh -c \"/bin/echo run job=myVerifyJob client=%c yes | bconsole -n\""
}

And define the verify job later:
Job {
Name=myVerifyJob
blahblahblah
}

I'm not sure if you can do client=%c but I guess it's worth a try.  Also I hope I'm helping and not making it more confusing.  :-)

Bryan