Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backing up to file - Data Retention

2012-10-23 12:31:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backing up to file - Data Retention
From: Michael Namaiandeh <mnamaiandeh AT healthcit DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:50:27 -0400

Hi Bacula community,

I am currently backing up servers to file(s) then backing the backup files to tape.  However; I am having an issue with the disk space where the backup files are stored. I would like to purge all the backup files if necessary and reclaim the space for future backup jobs but I am concerned that my existing backup jobs will fail if I delete those jobs. Can I delete the backup files after they have been used? How will that affect any current/existing backup jobs?

Mike