Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tweak SCSI negotiation settings

2012-10-18 15:37:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tweak SCSI negotiation settings
From: Carsten Jensen <tomse AT tomse DOT dk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 21:35:19 +0200
Sorry for answering again, accidently hit send while not finished

to compare an LTO4 drive with an Ultra320 controller
I get around 55MB/sec

my guess is that the LTO3 drive should deliver around 30-40MB/sec
with the right controller (ultra320).
(pay note to that there usually are 2 models, a fast and slow one, from
each vendor)

trying to remember back when using a 2940UW host adapter with a UW drive.
I seem to remember to get around 10MB/sec out of the drive

so 8.8MB/sec does seem like it's what you can get out of the controller.
(I could remember wrong)

cheers
Carsten