Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tweak SCSI negotiation settings

2012-10-18 15:23:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tweak SCSI negotiation settings
From: Carsten Jensen <tomse AT tomse DOT dk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 21:21:06 +0200
an Adaptec 2940 is usually only a SCSI-II device with 10MB/Sec

the 2940UW performs 40MB/sec
these are maximum bus transfers

If you haven't made any special modifications to the driver/kernel, then
linux uses the fastest speed possible delivered by the restrictions of
the host adapter.

going alittle off-topic here myself.

the LTO3 drive is afair an Ultra320 (320MB/sec)
otherwise it could be an Ultra160

pressing CTRL-A when the SCSI bios tells you to, you should be able to
set transferspeeds to 40MB/sec in one of the menues.
though performance will still be bad.

you should have around 2Gig pr min with the LTO3 drive if it's the fast
model

replacing the SCSI host adapter to the Adaptec Ultra 160 or 320 models
will give a much better performance, the 2940 is from last millenia