Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restricting who can restore data from which system to where

2012-10-17 16:29:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restricting who can restore data from which system to where
From: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:27:47 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure how yours is set up, but on mine I had to go out of my way to make it possible for clients to do any restores.

On the client, I had to create a bconsole.conf, such as:

Director {
  Name = bacula-dir
  DIRport = 9101
  address = bacula-server
  Password = "someBigUglyPasswordWitchMatchesTheOneOnTheBaculaServer"
}

If that file wasn't present, the client couldn't access the backups.