Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Living dangerously with Bacula Directors

2012-10-11 19:32:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Living dangerously with Bacula Directors
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 19:30:02 -0400
I'm migrating my Bacula director and DB to a new server with much more
CPU horsepower, leaving the storage daemons where they are.  Right now,
both directors are running and working.  But.......

The obvious safe move here is to stop the OLD Director for tonight and
let the new one carry the job and see how it does.  But I'm curious.
Does anyone know what will happen (maximum concurrent jobs limits being
stipulated to be Not An Issue) if two Directors attempt to run the same
Jobs on the same Clients to the same Storage using the same Catalog at
the same time?

(The DB servers are replicating master-master, but to make life safer I
can point the old Director at the new DB server anyway.)

I'm not planning to actually try this, but I'm curious to know whether
anyone has ever tried a corner case like this one, and if so, what happened.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.