Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Simultaneousky backup to local HDD and Amazon S3

2012-10-05 23:15:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Simultaneousky backup to local HDD and Amazon S3
From: Pubudu Perera <suharshan22 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Edward <edjunk30 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 08:42:25 +0530
Yes, I have heard that there are issues with s3fs's reliability. I think i'll need to start looking at s3cmd as well.
Thanks for your valuable  time Ed!

Pubudu.

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 4:24 AM, Edward <edjunk30 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On 5 October 2012 02:35, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Pubudu Perera <suharshan22 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I'm a newbie to Bacula and want to verify whether my requirement can get
>> done using bacula.
>> I want to know whether it's possible to simultaneously make  backups to
>> local HDD and Amazon S3 from the same source in Bacula.
>>
>> Can someone please help me with this?
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> I would backup to the local drive then mirror that with rsync to S3
> via s3fs fuse.
>
> John

>>From my experience using s3cmd is much more reliable than s3fs.
There's a sync command in s3cmd that acts like rsync, it's probably
more efficient with bandwidth as well. You could run s3cmd in a post
job script and set the job to error if the s3cmd sync command fails.

Ed