Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup remote clients

2012-09-24 22:51:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup remote clients
From: Tim Dunphy <bluethundr AT gmail DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 22:48:16 -0400
Well it seems that a good perusal of the docs was all I need. I appreciate all your input but ultimately all I had to do was read, slow down and think about what I was doing and then.. SUCCESS!!

|    69 | beta.mydomain.com  | 2012-09-24 21:55:37 | B    | F     |  265,960 | 7,766,476,900 | T         |

This is my remote client.. I'm so glad I got this worked out. The bacula command line environment rocks and I like it so much better than Amanda which is what I used to use.

Thanks
tim

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 3:48 AM, Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com> wrote:
Op 20120919 om 12:35 schreef Michael D. Wood:
> Tim,

Hello Mailinglist,

> It would be the same sort of setup in a local environment, but you would be
> exchanging hostnames/local ip's with external ip's.  Obviously, allowing
> access through your firewall. Also, make sure you actually have a connection
> between server and client on port 9102.  You would still need to change your
> bacula config files accordingly too.
>
> Are they windows or linux clients?
>
> Linux client it would look something like this in the bacula-dir.conf - then
> you would have to setup storage configurations, etc.
>
> # Linux server file set to backup
> FileSet {
>   Name = "Linux Full Set"
>   Include {
>     Options {
>       signature = SHA1
>     }
>
> # Included files (WILL BE BACKED UP)
>     File = /
> }
>
> I would start reading up, has all the information to backup directories on
> the client (if I'm following your question exactly)
> http://www.bacula.org/5.2.x-manuals/en/main/main/What_is_Bacula.html#SECTION
> 00220000000000000000
> http://www.bacula.org/5.2.x-manuals/en/main/main/index.html

Another good read is http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html