Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Pruning oldest volume / File System Full - Still

2012-09-17 15:16:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Pruning oldest volume / File System Full - Still
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Isamar Maia <isamar AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:13:35 -0400
On 2012-09-16 06:42, Isamar Maia wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Faving the same problem as described at:
>
> http://adsm.org/lists/html/Bacula-users/2009-03/msg00258.html
>
> Since it's an issue that seems to be happenning for 3 years, I was
> wondering if it wouldn't have been fixed
> already.

Well, what version of Bacula are you using?

Which issue?  the Error message mentioned below?  If so, I don't see
that mentioned
at the URL you pasted above.  If the disk space issue, well, it's not
an
issue Bacula is supposed to fix.  :)

> I have disk storage and tape and connect Prune both storage's
> volumes...
>
> 15-Set 15:43 xxxxxxxxx-dir JobId 8171: Pruning oldest volume
> "KDZ005L4"
> 15-Set 15:48 xxxxxxxxx-dir JobId 8171: Pruning oldest volume
> "KDZ005L4"
> 15-Set 15:53 xxxxxxxxx-dir JobId 8171: Pruning oldest volume
> "KDZ005L4"
> 15-Set 16:03 xxxxxxxxx-dir JobId 8171: Pruning oldest volume
> "KDZ005L4"
> 15-Set 16:08 xxxxxxxxx-dir JobId 8171: Pruning oldest volume
> "KDZ005L4"
> 15-Set 16:13 xxxxxxxxx-dir JobId 8171: Pruning oldest volume
> "KDZ005L4"
> 15-Set 16:18 xxxxxxxxx-dir JobId 8171: Pruning oldest volume
> "KDZ005L4"

NOTE: pruning is a database operation.  It does not affect Volumes.
Thus,
for disk-based backups, pruning does not free up space occupied by
Volumes.

> 15-Set 16:23 itaparica-dir JobId 8171: Prun15-Set 16:00 itaparica-dir
> JobId 8181
> : Error: sql_create.c:704 More than one FileSet!: 2
>
> Checking FileSet table, it's possible to see that there are repeated
> Filesets there, but
> with different MD5's....
>
> How can I fix that ?

Sorry, I don't know, but hopefully, what I've said above may help you
free up
the disk space.  What you may need to do is delete Volumes from disk
manually.
That is, if the disk space issue is the main problem you want to solve
now.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/