Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Pruning oldest volume / File System Full

2009-03-12 13:20:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Pruning oldest volume / File System Full
From: Thiago Simoes <tsimoes AT lightcomm.com DOT br>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:15:09 -0300
John Drescher wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:30 AM, François Mehault
> <Francois.Mehault AT netplus DOT fr> wrote:
>
>> No they are on a different filesystem. I try to recycle manually a volume, i
>> followed instructions on this page
>> http://bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Automatic_Volume_Recycling.html#SECTION002580000000000000000
>>  , but it permits only to change the volume status and not delete the data
>> in the volume like I want. I ask myself if I delete the volume and create a
>> new with the same name ...
>>

> The first write should truncate the volume file of the pruned volume.
>
> John

I have a similar issue.
I share my backup space disk among diferents areas of my company, and is
often when I need to free up some space.
What I do is delete a volume on the Bacula database and them, manually,
delete the file on the disk. I use a query to know the oldest volume.
I didn't be able to create a script to make it easier, but is working
for me. A little time demanding, but is working.
I can't use the option Recycle=yes, Auto Prune = yes or anything like
that because I don't know yet how long I gonna need keep my backups, or
how much space I really need only for my backups.
Since is a shared space, I want to make sure of those numbers before ask
a new disk.

Regards,

Thiago Simões