Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Virtual Full for to different SD

2012-09-12 13:32:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Virtual Full for to different SD
From: Georges <rmdir AT laposte DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:29:47 +0200
Le 12/09/2012 18:27, Craig Van Tassle a écrit :
> Does a VirtualFull job have to be run on the same SD as where the Full
> is?
Hello Craig

As you know, Bacula can only do copies on a unique SD. You can not use
this feature over SDs. This said, and depending on you infrastructure,
if you have multiple partitions on storages on both sites, you should be
able to copy from site A to site B using this.
Enterprise version of Bacula has also a feature which may address this:
it let you share an autoloader over multiple SDs, but you have to pay.
(There was an offer to move from Community version to Enterprise.)

> I'm trying to save space in my offsite SD. I though that doing
> VirtualFull's to the offsite might be the way to go. Has anyone done
> this or does anyone have a better recommendation how to do this?
VirtualFull will never save space. It saves time and bandwidth.

> I cant just ship the tapes offsite. My Tape Library does not have
> encryption abilities and that's a requirement for offsite access.
Why don't you use encryption capabilities of Bacula ?

G.