Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] job expiration question

2012-08-29 11:33:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] job expiration question
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC]" <uthra.r.rao AT nasa DOT gov>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 11:30:41 -0400
On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET
SYSTEMS INC] <uthra.r.rao AT nasa DOT gov> wrote:
> Is there a command in bconsole where I can find out when a particular jobid
> expires?
>

> I have set-up a desktop pool with expiration period 3 months.
>

> The first backup of a client was done on 5/22/2012 so I was expecting the
> job to expire in 3 months and by 8/22/2012 and automatically start a full
> backup of this client. To my surprise I am seeing only incremental backups
> every day.
>

> pool {
>
>   Name = desktop
>
>   Pool Type = Backup
>
>   Recycle = yes
>
>   Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
>
>   Autoprune = yes
>
>   Volume Retention = 3 months
>
> }

Is this a disk volume? Remember the retention period does not start
until the volume is marked as Used or Full. For disk volumes that
means you need to specify some restriction on volume usage or size
otherwise the volume will grow till it exhausts your storage. At that
point it will mark your volume full and want to wait 3 months after
that to reuse the volume.

John