Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] create large disk volumes for backup

2012-08-07 06:56:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] create large disk volumes for backup
From: d tbsky <tbskyd AT gmail DOT com>
To: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>, d tbsky <tbskyd AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 18:53:37 +0800

2012/8/7 Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>

In a way, yes, but we're not happy with it because of the extremely
long recycle times. Most of our backups run on the weekend, so as a
consequence or volume for that day is rather big and I've begun moving
large and / or long-running backups to their own pools / devices /
storages. Still, recycling the volume takes around five hours, so if
I'd have to start from scratch again, I'd set up separate pools
etc. from the beginning. (volume size currently ranges from 500G to
1,4T).

If anyone has any ideas how to reduce the volume size while increasing
the number of volumes *without* having to constantly fiddle with the
maximum volumes in the pool definition as clients get added and
removed, I'm all ears.

   five hours for recycling the volume? that seems a very long time.

I want to use single large volumes to backup because I need to rsync bacula
backup volumes to remote site. and I think a single large volume for every job
(full,diff,inc every month,weekend,day) is better for rsync (it only need to sync
different volumes after each job) .

   if there are better structures  to sync bacula volumes to remote site,please let me know.
thanks a lot for suggestion!!