Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula and logrotate

2012-08-03 13:07:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula and logrotate
From: Kenny Noe <knoe501 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 13:05:11 -0400
Hello,

I'm looking to add my bacula log file to the logrotate cron.  An example file isn't in my scripts directory, but searching on the internet has show that it's not too hard.  The one question I do have is do I need a postrotate line to bounce the bacula process?  How does the log get zeroed out and start a new one?

/var/log/bacula.log {
     monthly
     rotate 7
     notifempty