Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Copy Job Head Scratcher... Next Pool

2012-08-02 22:52:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Copy Job Head Scratcher... Next Pool
From: NetCetera Lists <lists AT netcetera-solutions DOT com>
To: Bacula UsersList <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 20:49:27 -0600
On 12-07-30 06:57 AM, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 08:09:38PM -0600, NetCetera Lists wrote:
>> I am working on setting up a Copy job to a tape autoloader - and am
>> having an issue with the Next Pool directive requirement.
>>
>> I am picking the jobs to copy - last Full for a number of existing
>> clients - using an SQL Query.
>>
>> The query is working fine and providing the correct job ids as input.
>>
>> The problem is that each client has its own Pool - containing Fulls,
>> Incrementals and Differentials - and I don't know how to
>> work around the Next Pool requirement...
>>
>> I would rather use 1 job for all the copies if possible and would don't
>> really want to revamp the Pools so that the fulls etc have their own pools.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
> Hi,
>
> some of our clients (mostly long-running backups) have their own pools
> as well, but this shouldn't be a problem if all your tapes are in a
> separate, single pool, or am I misunderstanding your question here?
>
> We're using a single query for all copy jobs and it appears to work
> fine.
>
> All the best, Uwe

Uwe,

thanks for the reply.  I didn't make my config clear enough..

Multiple clients - each with their own pool.  The pool contains all
backups for the specific client.

I have had some success and actually ran successful Copies.  I had to
"fool" bacula by creating a dummy Pool.  About the only thing the dummy
pool contained was the Next Pool directive.  The Copy job selected the
correct job to copy using an sql query.

The Job messages look a little odd - lots of None in the headers - but
they appear to have run successfully.

My autochanger however is not running at capacity... It looked like
everything was running fine after btape but the tapes stopped at much
less than capacity.  Probably a SCSI/mt/mt-st issue.

There have been many post regarding this and it also looks like there
might be a potential kernel issue.  Hopefully I can figure it out.

Thanks