Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Database sizing estimates

2012-07-30 09:44:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Database sizing estimates
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: "Clark, Patricia A." <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:41:29 +0200
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 08:35:42AM -0400, Clark, Patricia A. wrote:

> I know that the quantity of files and the retention time are the big
> factors in the size of the catalog database in bacula.  What would
> be a good calculation to use to ensure a healthy amount of space for
> the database?  I have a postgresql database sitting in a partition
> with nearly 4GB free.  I had a large backup fail at the end when it
> was attempting to update the catalog because there wasn't enough
> space.  Granted there were more than 11 million records being
> inserted.  There have been no other errors or concerns from
> postgresql until now.

Hi Patti,

we're using MariaDB 5.2.x with a retention period of 30 days for
around 100 clients. Here's some db stats from bweb:

Total clients:      135    Total bytes stored:      77.74 TB
Total files:        81038379     Database size:     126.59 GB

All the best, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann AG