Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restoring encrypted backup

2012-07-12 06:04:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restoring encrypted backup
From: Vincent Guyard <vguyard AT arcanogroup DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 09:46:31 +0000
Hello everyone,

I have been using Bacula for a few years now and recently was asked to encrypt
our backups.

I am on a debian squeeze server:  2.6.32-5-amd64
Bacula 5.0.2

I am backing several Windows servers and a couple of Linux servers.

I enabled encryption on the Bacula server and on a Windows 3003 R2 Server and
the backups were both done successfully:

Windows 2003 client (v 5.0.0)

  Software Compression:   None
  VSS:                    yes
  Encryption:             yes
  Accurate:               no
  Volume name(s):         Miercoles
  Volume Session Id:      1
  Volume Session Time:    1342020770
  Last Volume Bytes:      766,039,099,392 (766.0 GB)
  Non-fatal FD errors:    0
  SD Errors:              0
  FD termination status:  OK
  SD termination status:  OK
  Termination:            Backup OK

Linux Bacula Server (v 5.0.2)

  Software Compression:   None
  VSS:                    no
  Encryption:             yes
  Accurate:               no
  Volume name(s):         Miercoles
  Volume Session Id:      2
  Volume Session Time:    1342020770
  Last Volume Bytes:      796,094,401,536 (796.0 GB)
  Non-fatal FD errors:    0
  SD Errors:              0
  FD termination status:  OK
  SD termination status:  OK
  Termination:            Backup OK

 Today I tried to restore some files from the Windows client and got a whole
bunch of:
 12-Jul 10:32 zurix-fd JobId 3908: Error:
/home/kern/bacula/k/bacula/src/filed/restore.c:534 Missing encryption session
data stream for
/nonexistant/path/to/file/archive/dir/bacula-restores/F/directorios
compartidos/reuniones/DOCUMENTOS MACRO/

 the job had 820 files to restore and there were 66 errors of this type
reported, but all the files were restored successfully, incidentally all the
errors reported point to directories and not files.

 I tried to restore from the Bacula Server and got the following error:
 Error: attribs.c:423 File size of restored file
/nonexistant/path/to/file/archive/dir/bacula-restores/mnt/Data/rsyslog/192.168.1.1.log
 not correct. Original 1735132175, restored 1735206233.

 But again all the files restored ok.

 So for the first error, what does it mean? If everything restores Ok, it's no
biggie but are all my restore jobs from now on going to be failed?

 For the second error, just so I understand it is comparing the file stored in
that backup with the file it just restored, how can there be a difference?

 If I only mark files to be restored then no error is reported, files are
restored in the default restore job dir + the path under which it was backed up.

 Anyone can help shed some light on this?

 Thanks in advance for your help and let me know if the post is not complete

Vincent