Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula MTX Tape Autochanger does not work

2012-07-06 00:38:10
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula MTX Tape Autochanger does not work
From: comport3 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 21:34:40 -0700
Thanks again Gary - I am reluctant to run the mtx-changer script included in
Bacula just yet, as this usually hangs and results in having to restart the
tape library, the bacula server, or both.

I have compiled mtx from source, and replaced the Debian packages version -
however, I'll have to wait until early next week to try it, as the recent
Wheezy (including Linux Kernel 3.0.2) upgrade has removed the /dev/sg* devices
from the server!!

(surely it wasn't meant to be this difficult...?)