Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job running order

2012-07-05 05:35:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job running order
From: Mario Moder <lists AT demaio DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 11:32:30 +0200
Am 05.07.2012 10:37, schrieb Gandalf Corvotempesta:
> hi,
> I have a bounch of job with same priority.
> Is possibile to set a running order within the same priority?
> I've tryied to increase the priority for specific job but in
> this way, all other jobs must wait for it to finish.

That depends and sounds a little contradictory.

If one job must finish before another starts, you should use lower
priorities (higher numbers) for the "later" jobs as you already tried.

If the jobs should only _start_ in a specific order, no matter when they
finish you could just set them to different starting minutes (1:00h,
1:01h, 1:02h, etc) with the same priority. IMHO that's a very vague
concept and it doesn't scale.

But perhaps I misunderstood your requirements?

 > We have also set Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 8 but this will
 > works only for jobs with the same priority.

Well, I guess there's a good reason for this: Having maximum control
over when which job runs through priorities,

Greetings,

Mario