Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backup Full on NAS

2012-06-25 07:42:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backup Full on NAS
From: Rodolphe <rodolphe.min AT rodweb DOT net>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:37:54 +0200

Hello,

1- Sorry for my english and Google translation...

Being new to Bacula, I question the usefulness of having full backups every week, knowing that I use a NAS and not tapes to store my volumes.

For a complete restore of a server, it is true that many volumes may be concerned, but is it annoying that it comes from a NAS ... Forced to change the tape does not exist ...

My question also just because I come from the TSM, which is defaulted to that of the incremental ...

For information, I use webacula for restoration, which allows the creation of restore job on the fly ...

What do you think?

Thanking you for your opinion

--
Rod