Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Copy jobs

2012-06-25 04:36:07
Subject: [Bacula-users] Copy jobs
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:33:11 +0200
Hi folks,

I've been running copy jobs for a couple of months now and I'm
wondering why they vary so much in speed. Sometimes they zoom along
just fine around 60MB / sec, at other times transfer rates never go
beyond 5MB / sec. Only one copy job is running at a time.

We're copying from a disk based online volume to an lto5 tape drive
with 24x changer (HP), the server doesn't do anything besides backup
(120 clients). During copy jobs, no other jobs are running.

Maybe I'm mistaken about copy jobs, but isn't this just a "simple"
byte-by-byte copy? Anything else going on behind the scenes that I'm
unaware of?

All the best,

Uwe

Bacula 5.2.6 compiled from source on centos6 64bit btw ;)