Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Scratch Pool

2012-06-23 14:33:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Scratch Pool
From: Bryan Harris <bryanlharris AT me DOT com>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 13:30:57 -0500
Hi Dan,

I believe that solved my problem, and explains why the new volume (which only
got created after making changes and running "reload") made it into the
"bryanslack-scratch" pool.  But the other old volumes still around from before
the changes didn't seem to want to go into the scratch pool like I wanted.

Also I put some lines to kick off a "remove scratch pools" admin-job after my
job.  After a migration the source volumes go to scratch, then after that, they
get deleted from the catalog and from the disk.  I'm not sure if after or
before is right, in fact I am not sure if I'm using the scratch pools correctly
in the first place.  But now when I run "list volume" I don't see anything in
the virtual pool anymore, which was what I was hoping for.  They go to scratch,
and then the stuff below removes them.

Command = "sh -c \"/bin/echo run job=bryanslack-remove yes | bconsole -n\""

Then that job (bryanslack-remove) basically does nothing at all except it runs
this at the end,

Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/removeScratchPools.sh %c"

And that command is converted from a perl script I found somewhere.

Thanks Dan and Phil for your time.

Bryan