Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fatal error: askdir.c:339 NULL Volume name. This shouldn't happen!!!

2012-06-20 10:43:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fatal error: askdir.c:339 NULL Volume name. This shouldn't happen!!!
From: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
To: Igor Blazevic <igor.blazevic AT nimium DOT hr>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 07:40:45 -0700

Well, since we upgraded to 5.2.9 we have not seen the problem.
Also when running 5.2.6 we were seeing it 2-3 times a week, during which
we run hundreds of incrementals and several fulls per day.
The error happened both with fulls and incrementals (which we have in
two different LTO3 libraries).  There was nothing amiss with our catalog
or volumes, or at least nothing obvious.  The error occurred when
attempting to use different volumes (mostly previously used ones,
including recycled), but those same volume were successful for other
jobs that attempted to use them.  Lastly, it wasn't reproducible, like I
said it happened 2-3 time out of several hundred jobs, but it was
happening over the course of a month or two while we ran 5.2.6 on RedHat
6.2.

Here was our config for 5.2.6

PATH=/usr/lib64/qt4/bin:$PATH
BHOME=/home/bacula
EMAIL=bacula AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu

env CFLAGS='-g -O2' \
     ./configure \
         --prefix=$BHOME \
         --sbindir=$BHOME/bin \
         --sysconfdir=$BHOME/conf \
         --with-working-dir=$BHOME/work \
         --with-bsrdir=$BHOME/log \
         --with-logdir=$BHOME/log \
         --with-pid-dir=/var/run \
         --with-subsys-dir=/var/run \
         --with-dump-email=$EMAIL \
         --with-job-email=$EMAIL \
         --with-mysql \
         --with-dir-user=bacula \
         --with-dir-group=bacula \
         --with-sd-user=bacula \
         --with-sd-group=bacula \
        --with-openssl \
        --with-tcp-wrappers \
         --enable-smartalloc \
         --with-readline=/usr/include/readline \
         --disable-conio \
         --enable-bat \

--
Stephen Thompson               Berkeley Seismological Laboratory
stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu    215 McCone Hall # 4760