Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] (no subject)

2012-06-14 17:49:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] (no subject)
From: Jean-François Leroux <leroux.jeanfrancois AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 19:00:40 +0200
Hi list,

Here's my setup :
DIR, SD and FD are on different virtual machines. They are debian squeeze vservers (all of them). Until recently, we were running 2.4.4.1 (lenny) and everything was fine. I had to update some servers in squeeze, so I also created new virtual machines and configured them with bacula (DIR/SD), version 5.0.2-2.2+b1 and configured my clients with the corresponding FD.

Now the problem :

When executing a backup for big servers (100 Gb +), I get this error :

Fatal error: sql_create.c:800 sql_create.c:800 insert -- followed by the mysql query.

Then :

Fatal error: catreq.c:497 attribute create error. sql_find.c:376 Request for Volume item 1 greater than max 0 or less than 1
13-Jun 18:01 unisson.private.tice.ac-orlea JobId 170: Fatal error: Network error with FD during Backup: ERR=Interrupted system call
13-Jun 18:01 unisson.private.tice.ac-orlea JobId 170: Fatal error: No Job status returned from FD.
13-Jun 18:01 unisson.private.tice.ac-orlea JobId 170: Fatal error: sql_get.c:373 sql_get.c:373 query SELECT VolumeName,MAX(VolIndex) FROM JobMedia,Media WHERE JobMedia.JobId=170 AND JobMedia.MediaId=Media.MediaId GROUP BY VolumeName ORDER BY 2 ASC failed:
Got error 28 from storage engine

I did read the faq and added

wait_timeout=691200
interactive_timeout=691200

To my.cnf.

I also added HearbeatInterval = 1 min

to bacula-sd.conf and bacula-fd.conf (on the vserver that had problems).

But still no go. Backup runs for about 15 minutes and then hangs with this error.

I have increased other my.cnf params :

key_buffer              = 64M
max_allowed_packet      = 16M
thread_stack            = 192K
thread_cache_size       = 8
# This replaces the startup script and checks MyISAM tables if needed
# the first time they are touched
myisam-recover         = BACKUP
max_connections        = 100
table_cache            = 256
thread_concurrency     = 10

But still nothing.

Any idea would be very much appreciated since I've got no backup now for most of my servers...

Thanks!