Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Config of bacula-dir.conf for two drive with one autochanger

2012-06-14 17:24:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Config of bacula-dir.conf for two drive with one autochanger
From: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 10:15:29 -0700

For most purposes, you use Case 1 and always refer to your changer,
since the drive will be automatically selected when running jobs and
when doing administrative tasks, you'll be prompted for a drive.

We use something like your Case 3 though because sometimes we want to do
things like force a job to use a specific drive and by having the Drives
(and not just the Library) defined in the Director's config, we can
specify that Drive on the command rather than the auto-selecting Library.

Stephen

On 06/12/2012 08:31 AM, yesi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm with GNU/Debian squeeze.
>   bacula                               5.0.2-3
>
> i've got two drives and one changer (Robot works with one logical library).
> I defined one "autochanger" with one logical library.
> I'd like to know how to define my *bacula-dir.conf* on the "storage" part.
>
> Must i define two drives in the storage part or only one drive ?
> which case is the good one ?
>
> Thank you in advance for your feedback.
>

> Here's my configs:
>
>  1.
>     # lsscsi -g
>  2.
>     [0:2:0:0]    disk    IBM      ServeRAID M5014 2.0.  /dev/sda  /dev/sg0
>  3.
>     [1:0:0:0]    tape    IBM      ULT3580-HH5      B6W1  /dev/st0  /dev/sg1
>  4.
>     [2:0:0:0]    cd/dvd  HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT30N     IS09  /dev/sr0  /dev/sg2
>  5.
>     [6:0:0:0]    tape    IBM      ULT3580-HH5      B6W1  /dev/st1  /dev/sg3
>  6.
>     [6:0:0:1]    mediumx IBM 3573-TL          A.60  /dev/sch0  /dev/sg4
>  7.
>  8.
>     # ll /dev/changer*
>  9.
>     lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 12 juin 16:22 /dev/changer -> sg4
> 10.
>     lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 12 juin 16:22 /dev/changer1 -> sg4
> 11.
> 12.
>     # ll /dev/ntape*
> 13.
>     lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 12 juin 16:22 /dev/ntape1 -> nst1
> 14.
>     lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 12 juin 16:22 /dev/ntape2 -> nst0
> 15.
> 16.
> 17.
> 18.
>     $ cat/etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf
> 19.
> 20.
>     [...]
> 21.
>     Autochanger {
> 22.
>        Name = Autochanger
> 23.
>        Device = Drive-1, Drive-2
> 24.
>        Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
> 25.
>        Changer Device = /dev/changer
> 26.
>     }
> 27.
> 28.
>     Device {
> 29.
>        Name = Drive-1                      #
> 30.
>        Drive Index = 0
> 31.
>        Media Type = LTO-5                            # Library 3573-TL
> 32.
>        Archive Device = /dev/ntape1
> [...]

Stephen Thompson               Berkeley Seismological Laboratory
stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu    215 McCone Hall # 4760
404.538.7077 (phone)           University of California, Berkeley
510.643.5811 (fax)             Berkeley, CA 94720-4760