Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Full to a diffrent SD and migrate to primary

2012-06-14 04:55:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Full to a diffrent SD and migrate to primary
From: Marcus Hallberg <marcus AT wimlet DOT se>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:33:13 +0200 (CEST)
Hi!

We take a lot of backups over the internet from our clients and we sometimes have problems with the fullbackups which sometimes takes a very long time.

I would appreciate some thoughts and points to how to make this easier.

My plan is to install a laptop with a SD and drive it out to the clients location and plug it in on their local network and then tell the director to send backups to the temporary SD. When it's ready take it back to my location and migrate the job over to the primary SD and change the config back so future backups end up in the primary SD.

Is this doable or is there a better way to do it?

/marcus
--

/Marcus Hallberg
Wimlet Consulting AB