Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Concurrent jobs pooled for no reason?

2012-06-08 04:49:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] Concurrent jobs pooled for no reason?
From: Julien Cochennec <julien.cochennec AT mnhn DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 10:28:03 +0200
Hi,
New to this list and bacula newbie, here almost everything works great,
backup around 50 clients, except one thing.
I followed this example
http://www.bacula.org/fr/dev-manual/Basic_Volume_Management.html#SECTION001220000000000000000.
It's about concurrent disk jobs.
The problem is that although I did separate devices, pools, full-pools,
diff-pools, inc-pools, storages, jobs so that everything should be
independent, Jobs are still waiting for the first one to end before they
begin, what did I miss? It looks like I'm very close but can't find the
reason why they still "pool".
Do I have to do differents schedules too?
I want jobs to begin all together, being independent.
Thanks for your help, Bacula rocks!

As my files are to heavy, I only post the beginning with 2 clients
instead of 50, saving your eyes from burning...
/conf.d/clients.conf
Client {
   Name = asta-fd
   Address = 10.8.129.105
   FDPort = 9102
   Catalog = MyCatalog
   Password = "***"         # password for FileDaemon
   File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
   Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
   AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

Client {
   Name = nathalie-fd
   Address = 10.8.128.188
   FDPort = 9102
   Catalog = MyCatalog
   Password = "***"         # password for FileDaemon
   File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
   Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
   AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

/conf.d/devices.conf
Device {
   Name = "astaDir"
   Media Type = File
   Archive Device = /nas/bacula/clients/mac/desktops/asta
   LabelMedia = yes
   Random Access = yes
   AutomaticMount = yes
   RemovableMedia = no
   AlwaysOpen = no
}

Device {
   Name = "nathalieDir"
   Media Type = File
   Archive Device = /nas/bacula/clients/mac/desktops/nathalie
   LabelMedia = yes
   Random Access = Yes
   AutomaticMount = yes
   RemovableMedia = no
   AlwaysOpen = no
}

/conf.d/storages.conf
Storage {
   Device = astaDir
   Media Type = File
   Name = astaStorage
   Address = rddm503serveur
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = "***"
}

Storage {
   Device = nathalieDir
   Media Type = File
   Name = nathalieStorage
   Address = rddm503serveur
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = "***"
}

/conf.d/jobs.conf
Job {
   Name = "asta Home Backup"
   Type = Backup
   Client = asta-fd
   Messages = Standard
   Fileset = "Home Mac Backup"
   Storage = astaStorage
   Pool = asta-Pool
   Full Backup Pool = full-asta-Pool
   Incremental Backup Pool = inc-asta-Pool
   Differential Backup Pool = diff-asta-Pool
   Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
}

Job {
   Name = "nathalie Home Backup"
   Type = Backup
   Client = nathalie-fd
   Messages = Standard
   Fileset = "Home Mac Backup"
   Storage = nathalieStorage
   Pool = nathalie-Pool
   Full Backup Pool = full-nathalie-Pool
   Incremental Backup Pool = inc-nathalie-Pool
   Differential Backup Pool = diff-nathalie-Pool
   Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
}

/conf.d/pools.conf
Pool {
   Name = asta-Pool
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes           # automatically recycle Volumes
   AutoPrune = yes         # Prune expired volumes
   Volume Retention = 6 months
}

Pool {
   Name = nathalie-Pool
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes           # automatically recycle Volumes
   AutoPrune = yes         # Prune expired volumes
   Volume Retention = 6 months
}

/conf.d/full-pools.conf
Pool {
   Name = full-asta-Pool
   Label Format = Full-asta-
   Pool Type = Backup           # automatically recycle Volumes
   AutoPrune = yes         # Prune expired volumes
   Volume Retention = 6 months
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
}

Pool {
   Name = full-nathalie-Pool
   Label Format = Full-nathalie-
   Pool Type = Backup           # automatically recycle Volumes
   AutoPrune = yes         # Prune expired volumes
   Volume Retention = 6 months
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
}

/conf.d/inc-pools.conf
Pool {
   Name = inc-asta-Pool
   Label Format = inc-asta-
   Pool Type = Backup           # automatically recycle Volumes
   AutoPrune = yes         # Prune expired volumes
   Volume Retention = 20 days
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 6
   Maximum Volumes = 7
}

Pool {
   Name = inc-nathalie-Pool
   Label Format = inc-nathalie-
   Pool Type = Backup           # automatically recycle Volumes
   AutoPrune = yes         # Prune expired volumes
   Volume Retention = 20 days
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 6
   Maximum Volumes = 7
}

/conf.d/diff-pools.conf
Pool {
   Name = diff-asta-Pool
   Label Format = diff-asta-
   Pool Type = Backup           # automatically recycle Volumes
   AutoPrune = yes         # Prune expired volumes
   Volume Retention = 40 days
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
   Maximum Volumes = 10
}