Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] iptables problem

2012-06-06 15:58:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] iptables problem
From: hymie! <hymie AT lactose.homelinux DOT net>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 15:56:20 -0400
>>> bacula returns this error message:
>>>
>>> 06-juin 14:56 Bacula-dir JobId 1569 : Warning: bsock.c:129 impossible to
>>> connect at Storage daemon on 192.168.1.15:9103. ERR=3DConnection failed

>> What happens when you telnet 192.168.1.15 9103 ?  Do you get a connection?

>it works only when i invoke the command connected on the server, not
>from outside

"From outside" ?  Umm, you do understand who 192.168.X.X addresses work,
right?

So you can telnet from the Bacula director to the Bacula storage daemon
on port 9103.

At that point, I need to defer to other people -- on all of my setups,
the bacula director and the Storage daemon are the same machine.

Do the individual client machines need to connect directly to the Storage
Daemon, or do they go through the director?  I assume they need to connect
directly ... in which case, I would ask you the same question about your
various bacula clients.  Can they telnet 192.168.1.15 9103 ?

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    hymie AT lactose.homelinux
DOT net