Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] iptables problem

2012-06-06 10:53:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] iptables problem
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: lmanchon AT um2 DOT fr
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 18:51:27 +0400
On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 16:16:32 +0200
Laurent MANCHON <lmanchon AT univ-montp2 DOT fr> wrote:

> --hi,
>
> bacula returns this error message:
>
> 06-juin 14:56 Bacula-dir JobId 1569 : Warning: bsock.c:129 impossible
> to connect at Storage daemon on 192.168.1.15:9103. ERR=Connection
> failed
>
> i think i have a problem with my iptables rules but i don't know
> where, i need somebody help to resolve this problem.
>
> This is my iptables rules:
[...]

Before blaming your firewall settings and make us decypher them,
you really ought to check these two things:

1) SD on 192.168.1.15 is really listening on 192.168.1.15:9103
   or on 0.0.0.0:9103 (that is, on a wildcard address).
   This is a common misconfiguration problem: to forget to
   make SD listen on a non-localhost address via its config file.

   This can be verified by running netstat on the SD's host:
   $ netstat -nlt | grep :9103
   which should return something sensible, not 127.0.0.1:9103.

2) You can connect to that socket from a non-firewalled machine
   (on the same network).  You can use netcat or even telnet for this:
   $ nc 192.168.1.15 9103
   or
   $ telnet 192.168.1.15 9103

   If you correctly configured your SD to only allow (authenticated)
   connects from your Director, you'd get back an explanatory message
   from SD, like this:
   $ nc titan 9103
   titan.domain.local [192.168.2.25] 9103 (bacula-sd) : Connection refused