Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Only one job running at any given time

2012-06-04 15:32:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] Only one job running at any given time
From: "Clark, Patricia A." <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 15:30:59 -0400
I am new to bacula and have been monitoring this list for the last 6 months in
addition to reading the available documentation.  I have bacula v5.2.6 packages
from epel-bacula on RHEL 6.2 x64 platform.  The autochanger is a Spectralogic
T950 with 6 tape drives with a fiber switch between the bacula server and the
equipment.

At this time, I am only backing up file systems mounted to the backup server.

I have tried to get multiple jobs to run in parallel, but have been
unsuccessful.  Only one job runs each time with others queued up until the
earlier one ahead completes.  I've put Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20 in several
locations including the Director resource and the Client resource in the
bacula-dir.conf and also in the Storage resource in bacula-sd.conf, and the
FileDaemon resource in the bacula-fd.conf.  I'm running out of ideas and places
as I've been adding in a new location when one does not work.  Can someone
point me in a direction?

Patti Clark
Information International Associates, Inc.
Linux Administrator and subcontractor to:
Research and Development Systems Support Oak Ridge National Laboratory