Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Finding (and killing) Phanton job IDs

2012-04-30 13:48:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Finding (and killing) Phanton job IDs
From: "Karyn Stump" <karyn AT fastsoft DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:46:45 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Reyer [mailto:bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de]
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 4:29 AM
To: Karyn Stump
Cc: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 06:13:42PM -0700, Karyn Stump wrote:
> We have a working bacula (5.0.3) instance with a MySQL backend. A few
> weeks ago we had a power outage that caused the server to shut down
> and restart abruptly. The jobs are running successfully but now there
> is a complete set of phantom jobs running in parallel that fail.

Your problem should't be possible to exist. At least not if the db is fine, I
checked with my bacula-mysql instance and it says

CREATE TABLE `Job` (
  `JobId` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, ...

If you still get 2 different sequences, I'd assume the database has issues due
to the crash. Have you tried 'mysqlrepair' aka 'mysqlcheck -r' and possibly
mysqlanalyze and mysqloptimze while you are at it?

If these find no errors, you can just dump the database and loead it again,
this should find inconsistencies as well.

Another possility would be not having 2 bacula-directors, but 2 mysqld
instances due to some strange startup error or some sort of redundant setup
with both instances running with the same IP.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91

I ran it before I posted the first message, just forgot to include that info. I
didn't do a repair, just a check. Here is the output again:

[root@back karyn]# /usr/bin/mysqlcheck bacula
Enter password:
bacula.BaseFiles                                   OK
bacula.CDImages                                    OK
bacula.Client                                      OK
bacula.Counters                                    OK
bacula.Device                                      OK
bacula.File                                        OK
bacula.FileSet                                     OK
bacula.Filename                                    OK
bacula.Job                                         OK
bacula.JobHisto                                    OK
bacula.JobMedia                                    OK
bacula.Location                                    OK
bacula.LocationLog                                 OK
bacula.Log                                         OK
bacula.Media                                       OK
bacula.MediaType                                   OK
bacula.Path                                        OK
bacula.PathHierarchy                               OK
bacula.PathVisibility                              OK
bacula.Pool                                        OK
bacula.Status                                      OK
bacula.Storage                                     OK
bacula.UnsavedFiles                                OK
bacula.Version                                     OK

--
Karyn Stump
IT Administrator