Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Finding (and killing) Phanton job IDs

2012-04-28 07:34:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Finding (and killing) Phanton job IDs
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: Karyn Stump <karyn AT fastsoft DOT com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 13:29:26 +0200
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 06:13:42PM -0700, Karyn Stump wrote:
> We have a working bacula (5.0.3) instance with a MySQL backend. A few
> weeks ago we had a power outage that caused the server to shut down and
> restart abruptly. The jobs are running successfully but now there is a
> complete set of phantom jobs running in parallel that fail.

Your problem should't be possible to exist. At least not if the db is
fine, I checked with my bacula-mysql instance and it says

CREATE TABLE `Job` (
  `JobId` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

If you still get 2 different sequences, I'd assume the database has
issues due to the crash. Have you tried 'mysqlrepair' aka 'mysqlcheck
-r' and possibly mysqlanalyze and mysqloptimze while you are at it?

If these find no errors, you can just dump the database and loead it
again, this should find inconsistencies as well.

Another possility would be not having 2 bacula-directors, but 2 mysqld
instances due to some strange startup error or some sort of redundant
setup with both instances running with the same IP.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91