Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backups increased to 500GB after adding to IPA domain

2012-04-05 11:35:04
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backups increased to 500GB after adding to IPA domain
From: Abdullah Sofizada <asofizada AT emedia.cv DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 11:21:37 -0400
Hi guys, this is a very weird one. I been trying to tackle this for the
past two weeks or so to no avail...

My director runs on Redhat Rhel 5.5 running bacula 5.0.2. My clients are
Redhat Rhel 5.5 running bacula 5.0.2.

Each of the bacula clients are less than 15 GB of data. Backups of each
client were fine. But two weeks ago the backups for each of these
clients ballooned to 550GB each!!

When I do a df -h... the servers only show 15GB of space used. The one
difference I noticed in the past two weeks is...I added these servers to
our new IPA domain. Which in essence is an ldap server using kerberos
authentication for identity management. This server runs on Rhel 6.2.

I have many other clients which are not part of the IPA domain that are
backing up just fine. So I'm sure it has something to do with this. I
have even tried to remove my bacula clients out of the IPA domain, than
ran a backup. But it still reports at 550GB of data being backed up.

I appreciate the help...

--
-Abdullah