Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Virtual Full Backups Schedule Considerations

2012-04-05 09:58:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] Virtual Full Backups Schedule Considerations
From: David Palmer <dwpalmer AT cazenovia DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:57:37 -0400
Hello,

I am looking at moving towards virtual full backups as a way to cut down
on our backup times. The situation is that our full backups on several
of our file servers are running over their window. My question is what
could the draw backs be to moving towards virtual full backups?

I currently backup to disk and and copy to tape (full backups only) for
archival purposes. My idea would be to do a virtual full backup to the
disk and still copy that to tape. Are their any risks for the backups
becoming corrupt? Should I still do periodic full backups or is anyone
using this technique to do infinite incremental backups?

Thanks for your help,

David