Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] PostgreSQL - pg_dump

2012-03-29 09:31:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] PostgreSQL - pg_dump
From: Jeff MacDonald <jeff AT terida DOT com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:29:19 -0300
I would check the source of the catalog backup script and see what options it uses.

--
Jeff MacDonald
902 880 7375

On 2012-03-29, at 10:15 AM, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:

Hi!

I don't think bacula uses oids, however, it doesn't hurt if you
include them (I think).

What pgsql version are you using? (you said 8, but: 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4).

You could also use online backups, and do WAL archiving (maybe even
continuous WAL archiving), here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/backup-online.html  (that's
for 8.0), or here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/continuous-archiving.html
(for 8.4).  Depending on your DB size, this method will save you some
time for daily backups (because you can just "add" WAL files, like an
incremental backup).

Ildefonso.