Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FreeBSD - libbaccats-5.2.6.so not found after upgrading

2012-03-18 17:53:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FreeBSD - libbaccats-5.2.6.so not found after upgrading
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 17:51:13 -0400
On Mar 2, 2012, at 3:46 PM, Silver Salonen wrote:

>>> machine and
>>> restarting, I encountered an error as follows:

>>> complete

>>> "bacula-dir"

>>> Hi Doug,
>>>
>>> Did you update both bacula-client *and* bacula-server?
>>>
>>> When you update the client it removes all of the shared libraries
>>> that
>>> belong to that version, ie. 5.2.3 in your case, including those used
>>> by
>>> the server binaries.
>>
>> Yes, I upgraded the server first before upgrading the client. I then
>> restarted the services and, lo and behold, the error message. Should
>> reinstall the client?
>>
>> ~Doug
>
> I think you should first delete both bacula-server and bacula-client,
> and then install them both. I don't know whether the order matters.
>
> PS. This 2 ports having the same libraries is quite a mess in means of
> FreeBSD ports, isn't it?

Yes, and it's beyond my skill set (as FreeBSD port maintainer)  to know how to
do it otherwise.

There was a patch, submitted in January, but I have not had time to review it.
It was submitted
by Alonso Cárdenas Márquez (acm AT FreeBSD DOT org).  I have just replied to
him asking about
a shared library solution.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org