Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Interaction of IgnoreFileSetChanges and Accurate

2012-03-17 13:23:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] Interaction of IgnoreFileSetChanges and Accurate
From: Devin Reade <gdr AT gno DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 11:04:09 -0600
I have a situation where I have one bacula installation locally
for normal backups and another at a geographically remote
location for DR (disaster recovery) purposes.

For the DR site I would like to minimize network traffic, so I've
set things up such that I manually triggered one Full backup of each
client and then have a schedule set up between Incremental, Differential,
and VirtualFull.  I am using accurate backups.

If I get a change of the FileSet definition for a client, I would
really like to avoid triggering a Full backup (thus ignoring the
"minimum bandwidth" requirement).  I realize that I can do this with
the IgnoreFileSetChanges directive, but what is not clear to me
is the interaction between Accurate and IgnoreFileSetChanges (specifically
in the case of the VirtualFull setup so described).

What are the implications of enabling IgnoreFileSetChanges when
Accurate is also enabled?  Under what circumstances would I be
missing files from my DR server if I were to need to restore from it?

I'm using the default accurate flags but can change them if necessary.

Devin
--
        Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.